Are you a diabetic? Make sure you don't fall prey to these 7 problems.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:41:00 AM Ask Google
Being a diabetic can be tough, as it can be the prime reason to several other health complications. So if you are a diabteic, make sure you be careful of the following:
- Diabetes can cause High Blood Pressure, which raises the risk of heart attack, stroke and nerve damage. About 50% of diabetics suffer from some kind of nerve damage.
- Diabetes can cause damage to the eyes. With regular checkups, make sure your eyes are safe from problems like Glaucoma and Cataract, as by increased sugar levels in blood can lead to damage of small blood vessels in the retina.
- Diabetes can cause peripheral arteries damage, leading to Amputation of limbs.
- Diabetes can cause Kidney Failure or Nephropathy is an extreme cases. This is caused due to uncontrolled BP and sugar levels in the blood.
- Diabetes can affect your Oral Health. Periodontal (gum) disease is very common in people with Diabetes.
- If you are a diabetic, make sure you take care of your skin. Look out for sores/ itches/ wounds on your body.
- Diabetes can cause Stomach and Bowel Problems. Normal movements of stomach and intestines become slower, which results in nausea and constipation. It can also cause Gastro paresis - digestive disorder.