Protect your hair against sun damage
Oct 7, 2014, 11:03:00 AM
Do you know that harsh rays of the sun can make your hair dry, frizzy and dull? Yes, Sun’s rays are as harmful for your hair as it is for the skin. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause damage to the molecular structure of your hair strands, making it extremely dry and brittle. Eventually, the hair is ripped off its natural moisture and begins to weaken from within. So next time you step out, make sure your hair is well protected against the sun. You can also try the following tips to keep your hair looking beautiful always.
- Use hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, serum, styling gel) that offer protection against UV rays.
- If you have long hair, braid it or twist it into a bun so that the area exposed is minimized
- Avoid leaving your hair when going out in the hot sun as the heat causes the cuticle of the hair to expand and release its moisture content.
- If you are planning to spend a day on the beach or in the pool, make sure you cover your hair well.
- The scalp too can get damaged by the sun. Heat and humidity causes the scalp to sweat excessively, making your hair sticky and dirty. Make sure you do frequent deep conditioning treatments to keep your hair smooth and hydrated.