Protect your hair against sun damage
Oct 7, 2014, 11:03:00 AM
- Use hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, serum, styling gel) that offer protection against UV rays.
- If you have long hair, braid it or twist it into a bun so that the area exposed is minimized
- Avoid leaving your hair when going out in the hot sun as the heat causes the cuticle of the hair to expand and release its moisture content.
- If you are planning to spend a day on the beach or in the pool, make sure you cover your hair well.
- The scalp too can get damaged by the sun. Heat and humidity causes the scalp to sweat excessively, making your hair sticky and dirty. Make sure you do frequent deep conditioning treatments to keep your hair smooth and hydrated.