Aster Paediatric Multi-Organ Transplant Programme
Led by a highly acclaimed team of doctors comprising Abdominal Multi-Organ Transplant Surgeons, Paediatric Cardiac Surgeons, Paediatric Oncologists And Paediatric Anaesthetists, the Aster Paediatric Multi-Organ Transplant Programme offers liver, pancreas, small bowel, kidney, heart and bone marrow transplant services for children and adolescents.
One of most advanced healthcare facilities in the country, Aster Medcity offers the latest in technology and clinical support to ensure high-quality, guideline-based treatment to children with a multidisciplinary approach.
Paediatric Critical Care
The paediatric critical care unit at children Aster Medcity is equipped with state-of-the-art clinic support and life-saving technology. Manned 24/7 by highly trained Paediatric Intensivists, this level 3 unit offers specialised care for medically unstable children, including those who have undergone solid organ/cell transplant.
Infection Control For Maximum Patient Safety
The infectious diseases & infection control department offers crucial support to the transplant programme by effectively preventing chances of infection in children who have undergone solid organ/ cell transplant procedures.
Aster Medcity offers a wide range of a medical technology and clinical support including:
- South Asia’s first OR 1 Karl Storz fusion integrated operation theatres with live-sharing facility and autopilot anaesthesia
- Dedicated paediatric theatres
- South India’s first ICCA (IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia) ICUs
- dedicated transplant icus
- Level 3 PICUs
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy
- ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- 10 bed Bone Marrow Transplant Unit with dedicated apheresis suite
- Positive pressure rooms with HEPA filters that purify air to 0.3 microns
- Kerala’s first fourth generation Time of Flight 16 Slide PET CT
- 3.0 Tesla Wide Bore Digital MRI
- 256 slice Philips iCT scanner